Student Worker-Prospect Research and Management
Prospect Research and Management, University Advancement
Total Hours: 8-10
Work Location: Elliott Alumni Center, 9 Edgewood Road
The Prospect Research and Management (PRM) team works with partners across University Advancement to fundraise for the University of New Hampshire’s students, programs, and facilities. PRM uses internal and publicly available data to identify potential donors, determine how much they could give, and track their movement through the donor pipeline.
The Prospect Research and Management (PRM) team is seeking a self-motivated, well-organized, and professional student employee to help accomplish its goals.
- Verbal/written communication
- Attention to detail
- Professionalism/work ethic
- Ability to efficiently manage one’s time
- Ability to discretely handle confidential information
- Critical thinking
- Proficiency with Excel, Outlook, Word
- Familiarity with database management
- **Work Study is preferred but not required
- The research assistant will often be asked to maintain and manually update spreadsheets made up of current and potential donors.
- They will perform light research and analysis on potential donors to determine if they should be referred for further assessment by the PRM team.
- Depending on the research assistant’s skill level, they may be asked to assist PRM staff with data entry and data analysis projects within our database.
- The research assistant will often monitor media alerts, and assess other public lists for comparison to our database.
- They may review the UNH Magazine and other publications for potential prospect names, donor updates, and other relevant news.
If interested, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to Jessica Lirette at firstname.lastname@example.org.